- Handling customers in the area assigned to you, with the goal of increasing our sales, market penetration and market share.
- Devising promotions together with our partners and maintaining good relationships with them.
- Obtaining introductions with new and existing products that carry the Poppies label, and exploring interesting private label opportunities.
- Gathering comprehensive information on the quality and sales of our own products as well as those of the competition.
- Providing suggestions and advice for modifying products, adapting our range and changing the packaging, to respond to changes in the market as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Managing, supporting and following up on our trade partners, and visiting or hosting key accounts in our different markets.
- Devising an annual forecast and sales plan with targets for our different markets.
- Co-organizing traditional fairs, and potentially suggesting new fairs that could be interesting to participate in.
- Negotiating prices and conditions (promotions) with our key accounts, based on existing prices and conditions.
- Directing the sales and marketing administration of your customer base (customer files, visits, reporting, quotes, confirmation, planning) to provide optimal support for our sales activities and to offer customer service.
- Keeping track of current legislation in the relevant countries with regards to import and quality obligations, trade tariffs, the political situation, fluctuating exchange rates, etc.
- An academic background (marketing / commercial communication/business administration / applied economics, etc.) or similar knowledge obtained through experience
- Five years of work experience in sales and marketing, preferably in a food-related environment
- A commercial mindset and eagerness to travel (up to 50% of the time)
- Experience in organizing/leading / coordinating commercial projects and managing a team
- Knowledge of and an affinity with the international food market
- An affinity with Asian cultures
- You can easily converse and write in Dutch and English and have a solid knowledge of French
- A thorough knowledge of MS Office
Interested? We would like to hear from you!
Please mail your application to liesbeth.melsens [at] poppies.com