- Assisting with the establishment, development, and management of the quality department at the production plant;
- Ensuring product quality through the implementation, monitoring and management of programs, GMP, and BRC;
- Responsible for Food Safety, integrity, legality, and quality of the products;
- Organizing and monitoring for continuous improvement of pest control program;
- Auditing the plant processes to ensure both internal and external regulations and standards are being adhered to;
- Ensuring auditing and manufacturing documentation is kept up to date. (food defense, monthly audits + pictures, glass audit);
- Reporting improvement possibilities;
- Helping with the cleaning weeks (courses allergen etc.);
- Proactively oversee equipment sanitation procedures (Monday’s morning, Saturday cleaning);
- Monitoring and verifying monthly chemical titration of water;
- Assist with new product development project as needed;
- Monitoring and verifying circular charts from CIP units and the Pasteurizer;
- Recognizes and resolves documentation discrepancies. Communicates any such occurrence and corrective action to QA Manager;
- Implements revisions to BRC documentation by accurately incorporating changes;
- Assists QA line and lab technician with the tasks when needed;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as delegated by QA Manager;
- Assist the QA supervisor with maintaining supplier specifications.
- Undergraduate degree (preferably Food Science, Chemistry or Biology) or appropriate combination of education, training and experience;
- Experience in food manufacturing environment, knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, and AIB standards preferred;
- Excellent communication, writing and proofreading skills;
- Attention and detail-oriented;
- Team player.
- A versatile position in an internationally growing company with a dynamic culture;
- Driven colleagues with passion and drive;
- Intensive training in an environment where you can develop.
If interested, contact Rhonda Perry at rhonda.perry [at] poppies.com or apply online.